Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research guides are good for gaining an understanding of the legal system of a country or for learning about available resources.
These sources may provide a good place to get an overview before starting your research:
- Getting the Deal Through (Bloomberg Law [Get B-Law Id])
- Comparative guides to law and regulation in 42 practice areas (banking regulation, cartel regulation, securities finance) & over 100 jurisdiction
- Select "Books & Treatises
- International Business Transactions
- Practical business contract information--including a guide to international business developments and sample forms.
- The Law of International Business Transactions (2013)
- Available on WestlawNext.
- Examines the key issues affecting international transactions, with specific focus on securities, tax, contracts, investments, jurisdictions, U.S. export controls and compliance, and antitrust issues.
- International Business Transactions in a Nutshell (2012)
- Basic overview of IBT issues.
- The Max Planck Encyclopedia of European Private Law (2012)
- Covers national and transnational private law -- Europe only.
- Trans-Lex (a free research and codification platform for transnational law).
- Search or browse basic principles of transnational law. Links to sources and materials.