Though we recommend having the University pay for items directly, we understand that often times journal members will pay out of pocket and then need to seek reimbursement.
NOTE: Without confirming ahead of time with the Journal Administrator that a purchase is allowable and that there are funds available, that reimbursements are not guaranteed. Services cannot be reimbursed and require payment directly to the vendor!
General information on reimbursements can be found Law School's Business Services website here.
1) Go to the Student Journals General Reimbursement/ Payment Request
2) Enter your name as the Submitter, and include your email address
3) “Journal Approver” field: enter the name and email address of your journal’s ME or EIC. (If you are the ME or EIC requesting reimbursement, do not enter your name as both Payee and Pre-Approver, but select another member for internal approval of your request)
4) Click the “Begin Signing” button
5) A Payment Request form will open; enter the information below as follows:
6) Sign and ‘Finish’ the form.
7) The form will be forwarded to your journal’s financial officer, ME or EIC for review and internal approval.
8) The form is then forwarded to the Journal Administrator for processing. She will be in touch with you should additional information be required.
Any questions? Contact the Journal Administrator at Journals@law.berkeley.edu
OfficeMax is a contract supplier of office supplies to the University, meaning that we receive special pricing discounts. Journals can take advantage of this discount, while at the same time having supplies paid directly using your university funds.